Bitcoin.de - Review
Based in germany and a well known Bitcoin marketplace, Bitcoin.de is not your regular Bitcoin exchange like Kraken or poloniex nor is it a Bitcoin broker like Etoro.
Bitcoin.de, very much like eBay, is a marketplace that intermediates between people who want to sell or buy Bitcoins.
Buying Bitcoins via Bitcoin.de operates as follows:
Once the system matches you with a corresponding seller, you are required to send the money directly to him via bank transfer, and after the seller received the money and approved it, the Bitcoins are transferred to your wallet.
Bitcoin.de charges 1% for each transaction which is divided between the seller and buyer.
- Fairly convinient website, mobile/desktop support and a price widget mobile app.
- Solid security.
- Two factor authantication is mandatory.
Sign Up Process
Signing up is pretty straight forward. Advanced identification is required.
Bitcoin.DE charges the folloing fees.
Pros and Cons
- Transparency - Bitcoin.de is a known company teamed up with Fidor bank
- Phone and online support.
- Fees are splitted between buyer and seller
- BTC to and from Euro only.
- No other cryptocurrencies.
Bitcoin.de is fairly a good place to buy Bitcoins if you're not intending to buy a large volume.
The trading process could be a bit of a hassle, but if your trading small amounts, it could be a good place to start.